Visit https://runsignup.com/Race/MN/Minneapolis/awarenesswalk to complete your registration!
Time & Location
Oct 07, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Minneapolis, 1708 West River Rd N, Minneapolis, MN 55411, USA
About the Event
Join us as we walk to raise awareness in the Twin Cities about community and domestic violence, bullying prevention, and breast cancer, and raise funds to support the work that Agape Oasis does in and for the community to address these issues. Here are some fast facts for you:
- About 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner (National Coalition Against Domestic Violence)
- 1 in 4 women | 1 in 9 men | 1 in 15 children experience or are exposed to domestic violence in their life.
- 1 out of every 5 (20.2%) students report being bullied. (National Center for Educational Statistics, 2019 )
- Bullied students indicate that bullying has a negative effect on how they feel about themselves (27%), their relationships with friends and family (19%), their school work (19%), and physical health (14%).
- The percentages of individuals who have experienced cyberbullying at some point in their lifetimes have more than doubled (18% to 37%) from 2007-2019.
- In women under 45, breast cancer is more common in Black women than white women. Overall, Black women are more likely to die of breast cancer.